NSWIS Sport Psychology assists athletes to develop the mental skills required to manage high intensity situations and deliver personal best performance on demand. Key areas of an athlete's mental game that a sport psychologist can assist an athlete to master for best results in selection events and finals at major competitions include: Performance planning, performance in the moment, and performance debriefing.
These areas assist athletes to:
- Improve confidence and focus for consistent high performance
- Use strengths to create a positive outcome when training and competing
- Enhance mental preparation to deliver peak performance on demand
- Adapt to any performance venue or situation
- Review performance to gain meaningful learning and continuous improvement
- Mentally rest and recover more effectively
- Develop leadership and team harmony skills
- Resolve issues and improve communication with the coach and other athletes
- Deal positively with injuries, non - selection and major decisions like retirement
- Balance life / sport priorities and commitments
- Develop personally and achieve enrichment through your sporting experiences
Click here for a complete list of NSWIS Sport Psychology network providers.
For further information regarding Sport Psychology services please contact the NSWIS on (02) 9763 0222 or email email@example.com.