Cate Campbell OAM is an Australian swimmer, five-time Olympic medallist, four-time world champion and an NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) scholarship holder.
As a three-time Olympian, Cate has won two Olympic gold medals as part of Australia’s victorious women’s 4x100m freestyle relay teams in London 2012 and Rio 2016. The Northern Metro Swimming Hub athlete has also claimed one Olympic silver (Women’s 4x100m Medley Relay, Rio 2016) and two bronze medals (Women’s 50m Freestyle and 4x100m Freestyle Relay, Beijing 2008).
At the FINA World Aquatics Championships, Cate won gold in the women’s 100m freestyle (Barcelona 2013), women’s 4x100m freestyle relay (Kazan 2015, Gwangju 2019) and mixed 4×100 medley relay (Gwangju 2019).
Under the long-term coaching expertise of Simon Cusack, Cate has also won six Commonwealth Games titles and nine Pac Pacific Championships.
Following her transition to NSWIS in 2019, Cate won the FINA Overall World Cup title after earning a haul of 12 medals during the series. As a result of her world cup exploits and world championship medals, Cate was named the Office of Sport Female Athlete of the Year at the 2019 NSWIS Awards.
Cate Campbell’s major results:
- Gold: Women’s 4x100m Freestyle Relay (London 2012, Rio 2016)
- Silver: Women’s 4x100m Medley Relay (Rio 2016)
- Bronze: Women’s 50m Freestyle and 4x100m Freestyle Relay (Beijing 2008)
FINA World Aquatic Championships
- Women’s 100m Freestyle World Champion (Barcelona 2013)
- Women’s 4x100m Freestyle Relay Champion (Kazan 2015, Gwangju 2019)
- Mixed 4×100 Medley Relay (Gwangju 2019)
For athlete enquiries, contact the NSWIS media team.