Lead and manage the AW&E framework for Australian Sailing (AS), and to support the Athlete Wellbeing National Manager at Rowing Australia (RA) with targeted and tailored support for Rowing Australia athletes.
Working with the AW&E Framework for the respective sports, including the delivery of associated services designed to improve an athletes’ ability to effectively navigate the critical transition points throughout and beyond their sporting career. This role is a joint appointment for Australian Sailing and Rowing Australia, employed and supported by NSWIS.
This is a full-time position, offering a competitive salary which will be negotiable based on the successful candidates experience and demonstrated competency. The contract period is until 31 December 2021.
This is an identified position requiring a Working with Children Check.
For further information about the role and the key accountabilities please see the job description.
The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is an elite sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We are a nationally focused high-performance centre reaching all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in the provision and application any of career, education, counselling and professional personal development services for improved performance
- Experience in managing, leading, and developing people to achieve performance outcomes
- Proven ability to undertake leadership and management responsibilities, including staff learning and development
- Demonstrated high level experience guiding and supporting people through various transition, educational and vocational pathways
- Proven experience building and leveraging relationships to influence and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a multi-disciplinary/high performance environment and interacting with high performance coaches and athletes.
- Demonstrated high level experience implementing case management or triage processes to ensure appropriate care and referral are accessible
- Demonstrated ability to establish, implement, maintain and grow community partnerships to provide opportunities for athletes to engage and integrate with activities outside training and competition
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Career Guidance, Personal Development (Arts, Business, or Sciences undergraduate degree) or similar.
- Awareness of contemporary issues relating to athletes in high performance sport (mental health, wellbeing, social issues)
- First Aid and Resuscitation certificate
- Current driver’s license
- Level 1 & 2 Anti-Doping Certificate
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit:
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and focus capabilities for the role (maximum 1 page)
- An up to date CV outlining experience, qualifications and achievements (please include at least two referees)
- A response to the pre-screening questions below (maximum 500 words per question)
Pre-screening questions (Please limit your response to 500 words)
- An athlete who is about to commence their university exams has just sustained a shoulder injury which places them in doubt of being named in the team to compete at the World Championships. The athlete unloads all their issues on you and tells you that they are too stressed to deal with any of it.
- How would you proceed to effectively support the athlete to work through this stressful time?
- An athlete has just been selected to the national team and has to relocated to the National training Centre for the following season.
- How would you go about putting in place a transition plan with that athlete?
- Describe what would be the key areas of focus in the 3 months leading up to the move, and the 3 months following the move?
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Kenan Gouadec, Manager, High Performance, High Performance Sport at Kenan.Gouadec@nswis.com.au.
To apply complete your application via the https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ by midnight Tuesday 28 July 2020. Only those applications which address the selection criteria and focus capabilities will be considered by the Selection Panel.
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au