NSWIS Rowing is seeking a motivated high performance rowing coach passionate about athlete development to drive a new initiative, to help us find Australia’s 2024 rowing superstars.
This exciting new role provides a unique opportunity to fast track the development of a group of talented individuals and turn them into elite rowing athletes from the start of their careers. This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be involved in the rowing high performance pathway and build relationships with experts in rowing and sport science
In partnership with the Western Sydney Academy of Sport (WSAS) and Rowing NSW, NSWIS will be delivering a women’s talent identification program, with the aim of developing female athletes capable of gaining underage national selection by 2020, and one day achieving medal outcomes at the 2024 Olympic games. The role will be based out of the Nepean Rowing Precinct and will be responsible for the provision of high performance coaching services for a centralized female talent development squad.
Reporting to the NSWIS High Performance Manager and working collaboratively with the NSWIS Senior Coordinator – Talent, NSWIS Rowing Program Manager and NSWIS Sports Consultant – Rowing, the Rowing Talent Development Coach will deliver a high performance athlete development program for identified and agreed WSAS Scholarship athletes, through;
- Delivery of coaching services on water to 8-12 targeted athletes up to 5 times / week (seasonal dependent);
- Delivery of coaching services off water to 8-12 targeted athlete up to 3 times / week (seasonal dependent);
- Periodised planning and service planning that is informed by individual plans, competition pathway and available resources/expertise;
- Leading athlete performance planning, monitoring and review to achieve agreed individualised outcomes;
- Achieving agreed athlete performance targets/outcomes and development targets with identified NSWIS talent athletes; and
- Providing direct coaching services to athletes in the daily training environment, emphasising skill development and acquisition.
- Proven success with devising and executing a long term periodised plan to guide the development of talent national athletes
- Experience working in domestic high performance sport environments
- Experience with implementing and driving monitoring systems for athlete development and tracking across local/national systems
- Experience in building and driving partnerships to better achieve shared high performance development outcomes
- Knowledge of talent pathway considerations and associated athlete success profiles for stages of the pathway
- Minimum Level 2 Rowing Coach Accreditation
- Current First Aid and CPR
- ASCA Level 1
- ASADA Level 2 anti-doping course
The Role Description details all the experience, knowledge, competencies and attributes required of the successful candidate and is available at www.nswis.com.au. Although the initial screening will assess applicants against the above criteria, the selection process will evaluate candidates against all areas of the Success Profile, outlined in the Role Description. A Working with Children Check is required for this role.
This is a part-time position, with a salary range of $29,467 to $31,235 pa for 14 hpw. Superannuation of 9.5% is paid as an additional sum. The contract period is till 31 December 2020 in line with the Olympic cycle. An extension of contract may be possible.
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Daniel Rowe, NSWIS Sport Consultant – Rowing; email@example.com
If you believe that you have the required skills, experience, competencies and personal attributes, send your covering letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the selection criteria and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Wednesday, 16th January 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 22nd January 2019, so please ensure you would be available to attend an interview on that day. Only those applications which address the Selection criteria in a letter will be considered by the Panel.