NSWIS is seeking 12-month placement opportunities to work with the Performance Analysis (PA) team within the Sport Science Unit of the NSW Institute of Sport. The student placement will be based primarily in Sydney Olympic Park.
There are five internship positions available for motivated students wanting to seek further training and development and gain practical experience with the NSWIS Performance Analysis team.
PA staff will train successful students in Performance Analysis methods, after which students will be primarily responsible for supporting the Performance Analysts on the following:
- International and National Water Polo matches
- Olympic Skateboarding Projects
- Hockey 1 Matches, along with U21 Hockey Matches and Hockey Daily Training Environment (DTE)
- Olympic Diving Performance Analysis workflows
- Canoe Slalom Championships
- Cycling DTE and Analysis
The benefits to the interns include:
- Potential travel and attendance at elite sporting events to support National teams and athletes
- Trained and fully competent in the use of SportsCode and a range of Performance Analysis Equipment. Along with an opportunity to build your own Code and Analysis windows.
- Opportunity to collaborate with Sport Scientists working in other disciplines at the NSW Institute of Sport (ie. Strength and Conditioning, Physiology, Biomechanics, Nutrition etc.)
The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is an elite sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We are a nationally focused high-performance centre reaching all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
- Be passionate about influencing and improving athlete performance
- Be driven and show initiative
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have flexibility around required workdays
This is a significant opportunity to gain valuable experience in High Performance Sport.
- Completing their final year of undergraduate study in an Exercise / Sport Science Degree as at Semester 1, 2020 OR enrolled in Postgraduate study in a relevant field
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to learn and develop in High Performance Sport
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also within a team of analysts
- Ability to remain focused and motivated throughout an entire project
- Experience in the use of SportsCode
- Own car/transport
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit:
If you believe that you have the required skills, experience, competencies and personal attributes send your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and current resume to email@example.com by midnight Sunday 8 December 2019.
Interviews will be held at NSWIS head office in Sydney Olympic Park on Monday 16 December 2019.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a written reference. Please ensure you are able to organise this should you be asked to interview.
If you would like to enquire about specifics of the role contact Bjorn Maddern, NSWIS Senior Performance Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au