This placement position with the NSWIS Physiology team is for a minimum of 10 hours per week over a twelve-month period. This will involve independently implementing physiology-based projects, athlete database management, supervising training sessions, assisting with specific sport programs, and a variety of other tasks to support the unit as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for university students to apply the knowledge and skills they have learnt and be part of an elite high-performance environment which supports, impacts and enables the performance of athletes.
Students will also be expected to support Physiology staff with a range of Physiology duties as required.
- Be keen to learn and develop in High Performance Sport
- Be passionate about influencing and improving athlete performance
- Be driven and show initiative
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have some flexibility around required work days
- Completing undergraduate study in an Exercise / Sport Science Degree OR enrolled in Postgraduate study in a relevant field
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check
- Experience in the provision and application of physiological services and an understanding of high-performance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with athletes, coaches and other service providers.
- ESSA student membership
- ISAK level 1
- Advanced excel skills
- Own car/transport
The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is an elite sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We are a nationally focused high-performance centre reaching all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit:
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Stephen Crowcroft, NSWIS Physiologist Stephen.Crowcroft@nswis.com.au.
If you believe that you have the required skills, experience, competencies and personal attributes send your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday 8 December 2019.
Interviews will be held at NSWIS head office in Sydney Olympic Park between 12 – 18 December 2019,
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a written reference. Please ensure you are able to organise this should you be asked to interview.
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au