The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is a high performance sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We reach all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park and high performance hubs across NSW that provide world class daily training environments for our athletes and coaches. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance support services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
About the role
The Senior Coordinator – Executive Services and Operations is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range organisation wide projects and initiatives. This position is also responsible for leading an Executive Services and Operations team in the provision of exceptional service delivery to internal and external stakeholders including the NSWIS Board and Executive Committee and overseeing day to day facility operations.
This is fulltime position, offering a competitive salary range of $108,483 plus 10% superannuation which will be negotiable based on the successful candidates experience and demonstrated competency. The contract period is until 31 December 2024 in line with the Olympic cycle.
This is an identified position requiring a Working with Children Check.
You will have demonstrated capability (and proven success) to:
- Manage organisation wide projects, ensuring these significant, and sometimes complex, projects; operate within the agreed scope, are delivered on schedule and within budget, risks are appropriately managed, and resources are efficiently allocated
- Manage all aspects of facility management and related operations including building services and maintenance (e.g. plumbing, electrical, cleaning and air conditioning), contractor management, etc and ensuring safety compliance relating to essential services.
- Manage the Institute’s fleet of motor vehicles including the disposal and purchase of motor vehicles, boats and trailers.
- Support the CEO and Director of Corporate Services in the development of corporate strategy and business planning and embedding associated processes and initiatives as well as fulfilling all mandatory reporting requirements.
- Oversee the annual calendar of organisational metrics reporting to the NSWIS Executive and Board and drive the provision of relevant metrics for the development of business cases and government reporting requirements.
- Lead, motivate and manage the Executive Services and Operations area in the provision of exceptional, customer focused, operations and service delivery.
- Oversee the delivery of the annual NSWIS Board Program and related administrative processes.
- In conjunction with the Head of Performance Health, manage the delivery of NSWIS medical services administration and processes ensuring the smooth operations of the medical services and performance health areas with a customer focused approach.
- Relevant qualifications and understanding of project management methodologies with experience in project management in a similar sized organisation
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and experience in managing staff
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning and financial management
- In depth understanding of high performance sport in Australia
- Current driver’s license
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit:
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and focus capabilities stated in the job description for the role (maximum 1 page)
- An up-to-date CV outlining experience, qualifications, and achievements (please include at least two referees)
- A response to the pre-screening questions below (maximum 800 words per question)
Pre-screening questions (Please limit each response to 800 words)
- Please demonstrate your project management experience by outlining a project that you have led that you are particularly proud of. Why are you proud of this project, how did you go about implementing it, and how did it add value to the business?
- Please provide an example of a tender process that you have managed to secure a supplier/contractor? What were some of the critical things to consider?
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Kirsten Thomson, Director Corporate & Communications at 02 9763 0222.
To apply complete your application via the iworkforNSW by midnight Sunday 24th October. Only those applications which address the selection criteria and focus capabilities will be considered by the Selection Panel.
This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles that may arise over the next 18 months.
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au.
The NSW Institute of Sport encourages all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to be so. Candidates unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a medical condition may be requested to provide an NSW Health COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication form completed by a medical practitioner.
Commitment to Diversity
The NSW Institute of Sport is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce which reflects our community, sport partners and athletes. We encourage applications from suitable candidates including; of all ages, genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, veterans, refugees, LGBTIQ+ community and people with disability.