NSWIS is seeking a number of suitable candidates for placement opportunities of up to 12 months duration, working within the NSWIS Sport Science team across all disciplines (Physiology, Biomechanics, Performance Analysis, Skill Acquisition, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning).
The internships will be primarily based at Sydney Olympic Park, however opportunities may present for work to be undertaken at any of our satellite training centres or facilities. The time commitment per week will vary as there will be planned intensive periods and other quieter times based on sport program training and competition commitments but on average the internship will require availability for between 5-10 hours per week for ongoing tasks and support.
This is a fantastic opportunity for undergraduate university students to apply the theoretical knowledge and skills they have learnt and be part of an elite high-performance sport environment. NSWIS Sport Science staff will work with successful applicants to further develop their practical skills. Under guidance from staff, this internship provides exposure to working with athletes, coaches and staff during training and competition.
This is a significant opportunity to gain valuable experience in High Performance Sport, successful candidates are expected to:
- Be reliable and responsible,
- Be keen to learn and develop in High Performance Sport,
- Be passionate about improving athlete performance,
- Be driven and show initiative,
- Have excellent attention to detail,
- Have some flexibility around required workdays.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate study in an Exercise / Sport Science Degree
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check
- Experience in the provision and application of exercise prescription with an understanding of high-performance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others including athletes, coaches and support staff.
Desirable (any of the following is advantageous):
- ESSA student membership (or Exercise Scientist)
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc)
- Knowledge of other sport science related software (Dartfish, SportsCode, R etc)
- Own car/transport
Applying for the role
If you believe that you have the required skills, experience, competencies and personal attributes send your covering letter addressing the selection essential criteria and current resume to email@example.com by midnight 28 March 2021.
Interviews will be held at NSWIS head office in Sydney Olympic Park between 5 – 9 April 2021
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS
Commitment to Diversity
The NSW Institute of Sport is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce which reflects our community, sport partners and athletes. We encourage applications from suitable candidates including; of all ages, genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, veterans, refugees, LGBTIQ+ community and people with disability