There is one position available to undertake a 12-month student placement to work with the Strength and Conditioning team within the Sport Science Unit of the NSW Institute of Sport. These positions will be working within Women’s Water Polo program. Placements will require a commitment of a minimum of 10 hours per week. There will be potential opportunities to work across different sports programs and sports science disciplines within NSWIS as part of these placements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for university students to apply the knowledge and skills they have learnt and be part of an elite high-performance environment which supports, impacts and enables the performance of athletes.
Students will also be expected to support Strength and Conditioning staff with a range of S&C duties as follows;
- Assist with coaching delivery for strength training sessions.
- Assist with data capture and relevant reporting for testing and monitoring (utilising various technologies and data platforms e.g. Smartabase, Gymaware, Force Plate etc).
- Provide support to other sports science disciplines where appropriate.
The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is an elite sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We are a nationally focused high-performance centre reaching all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
- Be keen to learn and develop in High Performance Sport
- Be passionate about influencing and improving athlete performance
- Be driven and show initiative
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be reliable and responsible
- Have some flexibility around required workdays
- Completing undergraduate study in an Exercise / Sport Science Degree OR enrolled in Postgraduate study in a relevant field
- ASCA Level 1
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check
- Experience in the provision and application of strength and conditioning services and an understanding of high-performance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with athletes, coaches and other service providers.
- ASCA Level 2
- Own car/transport
Applying for the role
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Emma Hay, NSWIS Strength and Conditioning Coach Emma.Hay@nswis.com.au.
If you believe that you have the required skills, experience, competencies and personal attributes send your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and current resume to email@example.com by midnight Sunday 1 December 2019.
Interviews will be held at NSWIS head office in Sydney Olympic Park on Monday 9 December 2019.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a written reference. Please ensure you are able to organise this should you be asked to interview.
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au