Each year the NSWIS Awards dinner provides a unique opportunity for all of Team NSWIS to come together to celebrate the achievements of athletes, coaches and sport programs from the NSW Institute of Sport.
Celebrating another exceptional 12 months for #TeamNSWIS, this year’s NSWIS Awards will recognise the collective efforts of our athletes, coaches, staff as well as our sport and commercial partners. We will also acknowledge the significant contributions our representatives have made to Australian national teams, through earning international podium performances and by helping to secure qualification spots in the lead up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
2019 NSWIS Awards Winners
- Musashi Male Athlete of the Year: Tom Burton OAM
- Office of Sport Female Athlete of the Year: Cate Campbell OAM
- 7News Spirit of Sport: Olympics Unleashed
- Mizuno Junior Athlete of the Year: Will Cooley and Rebecca Hancock
- Southern Design Coach of the Year: Simon Cusack
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority Program of the Year: Swimming
- Ian Thorpe AM Outstanding Achievement presented by Ryde Toyota: Lauren Parker
- Powerade Personal Excellence: Nicholas Hough
- The University of Sydney Academic Excellence: Harriet Hudson