NSWIS diving juniors have produced a host of podium performances at the recent Bergen Open in Norway.
Finishing the event with a haul of five gold, three silver and one bronze medal, the athletes have found fine form ahead of the World Championship Trials in June.
Sam Fricker was one of the Institute’s standout performers, claiming a personal tally of three gold and two silver medals, while Lauren Flint took home two golds of her own.
With many of the junior divers targeting the 2024 Paris Olympics, events like the Bergen Open provide valuable competition experience on the international stage.
In other diving news, Declan Stacey competed at the Kazan FINA World Series competition, placing 4th in the 10m Platform Synchro event.
Bergen Open results:
- Sam Fricker (Men’s Platform) – Gold
- Lauren Flint (Women’s A 1m) – Gold
- Zara Tullipan (Women’s B 3m) – Silver
- Sam Fricker (Men’s 3m) – Silver
- Kennedy Cooper (Women’s Platform) – Silver
- Sam Fricker & Vlad Rudenko (Men’s 3m Synch) – Gold
- Lauren Flint (Women’s 3m Synch) – Gold
- Sam Fricker (Men’s A 3m) – Gold
- Kennedy Cooper (Women’s A Plat) – Bronze