An expansion of service delivery staff and coaches at the NSW Institute of Sport highlights an increased commitment towards developing Australia’s elite athletes.
A number of new roles have been announced in the Performance Support team, aimed at ensuring NSWIS continues to develop its world class athlete service delivery model.
The positions will grow athlete support capability across strength and conditioning, physiology, nutrition, data science, biomechanics, performance analysis and performance health.
In addition, ten new coaching staff have already been recruited over the past six months, further evidence of the importance being placed on increasing capacity for sport.
The ongoing development of the NSW Institute of Sport’s network of performance support is something NSWIS CEO Kevin Thompson is really excited about.
“Athletes remain central to our purpose and are at the heart of our decision to create these roles,” Thompson stated.
“It is yet another positive step forward for NSWIS in providing world class service to our athletes and ultimately helping them to become world’s best.”
The new roles at the NSW Institute of Sport to date are:
- Head of Strength & Conditioning (for more information and to apply)
- Head of Physiology & Nutrition (for more information and to apply)
- Head of Biomechanics & Performance Analysis
- Head, Performance Health
- Senior, Athlete Engagement & Wellbeing
- Provider, Dietitian (for more information and to apply)
- Data Scientist (for more information and to apply)