The Subaru National Road Series continued yesterday with the Spirit of Tasmania Cycling Tour prologue held on Launceston’s picturesque, yet formidable, Brisbane St West.
Cameron Ivory (GPM-Stulz / Hunter District CC) blew away Tristan Ward’s time by two seconds with a sizzling time of 1 minute 32 over the punchy 670-metre, 10% gradient, prologue.
“It went pretty well, I managed to get the stage win today” said Ivory.
“It was a short little prologue course which suited me as being a mountain biker.
“I just went flat out and it worked out pretty well.”
The steep uphill climb favoured the rider who has just finished up a strong mountain bike season, representing Australia and the World Championships in September and a 2nd place at the Oceania MTB Champs in March.
— Subaru #NRS17 (@Subaru_NRS) November 6, 2017
The action continues today with a 115.9km road race from George Town to Grindelwald with Cam Ivory to wear the yellow leader’s jersey.
- Cameron IVORY (GPM STULZ) 1:32.40
- Tristan WARD* (TINELLI POWERSTREAM / TEAM ULTRA RACING) +3
- James WHELAN* (U23) +5
- Ryan STANDISH (AMR RENAULT RACING) +5
- Michael POTTER* (TINELLI POWERSTREAM / TEAM ULTRA RACING ) + 5V
- Tue 7/11 -Stage 1 –115.9km Road Race George Town to Grindelwald
- Wednesday 8/11 -Stage 2 -103.8km Road Race Launceston to Poatina
- Thursday 9/11 – Stage 3 – Ulverstone to Penguin
- Friday 10/11 – Stage 4 – Criterium Devonport