At times it’s better to eat something than nothing at all. If you are out and need to fill a hole the nine snack ideas below are good options for when you haven’t prepared alternatives.
If you head off to school, university or work around training times it’s important to plan ahead and make sure you have the right foods packed, that way the fuel needed to prepare and recover from training will be available when you need it. If training hard you may need these 19 bigger snack ideas, or if your training load is reduced, the 12 light snacks suggested here could be the way to go.
If you are out and about good things to grab might be these…
9 snack suggestions for athletes on the go
1. A bread roll, raisin toast, scone or non iced apple scroll from a bakery – Pre training option
2. 300ml of 100% fruit juice – Pre Training option
3. Medium size low fat smoothie
4. Tub of yoghurt from supermarket
5. Sushi – limit choices with mayo
6. Low fat flavoured milk or large coffee/hot choc
7. Ham or chicken salad wrap or sandwich
8. Ice cream – Paddle pop / small frozen yoghurt
9. Regular skim coffee or hot chocolate + raisin toast